Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cross Training & Rest Day

Good Sunday to you. The kids and I went to church this morning and the sermon was good. Essentially, live the life of your beloved and then your life will be better for it. When you truly love your loved ones with all you've got and take on their joys and sadnesses as your own, there's no room for doubt, jealousy, anger, envy, insecurity, etc. Your focus is on loving those other people, and therefore there's not really any room for self centeredness and all that it entails. When I heard this, I was reminded of how I should be living my life everyday. It's easier said than done, but doable nonetheless. Gotta focus!

We went for coffee afterwards. I had a scone with my coffee and the kids had their bi-monthly treat of donuts with their milk. Mike is working and the coffee guy said, "Hey, you're missing one of the crew." Yes we are. We miss you Mikey! Come home safely.

Workout today is: Front Squats with maximum weight, 1 rep, 7 times (rest between each rep). I'm using my son for my weight bar!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I contnue to struggle living the life of my beloved one but it's getting better everyday.

Hope eveything goes well with you tday.

Anonymous said...

That is a good sermon.

Our pastor, who has announced his retirement, preached a sermon on living in the moment, instead of being trapped in the past or over-anxious about the future. A good word for the faithful few who braved the predicted ice storms to gather together on the Lord's day.

seagull junker said...

I remember going to church as a child and mom would take me and my brothers for donuts afterwards. Such great memeories.

I was looking at your Saturday's workout... Quite impressive. You are truely on your way for a good Boston run.
tom riley