Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Rain Rain...nice to see you!

We've needed rain badly so I won't complain while it's here. I'm just glad today is a rest day and I don't have to run in it.

I did CrossFit today. I was going to skip it until I saw it was named after "Josh," a soldier recently killed in Iraq. In memory of Josh I did a scaled down version:
21 Overhead Squats w/ 20# weight
30 Push-ups (was supposed to be pull-ups but it's raining on my pull up bar outside).
15 Overhead Squats w/ 20#
20 Push-ups
9 Overhead Squats w/ 20#
10 Push-ups
Finished with 3 sets of 15 sit-ups and 3 sets of 10 back extensions (alternating).
I completed all of it in under 15 minutes. It wore me out!

Afterwards the kids and I played the Sponge Bob Square Pants version of Life. We love that game! My son was the big moneymaker, and my daughter was a pretty close second. I was broke when I finished!
Figures.

Have a great night all. Sleep well.

2 comments:

pika said...

It occurs to me that if you want to simulation train for Boston, the USTFA site does elevations on their mapping programs. You can get the elevations and program them into your treadmill to get a feel.

Just a thought.

Hope you and the kids are going to do the Heartbreak Hill Race the day before the marathon - it really is a hoot for a 1 mile fun run (and you'll get to see where I usually train. :) )

SoberMommie said...

My son LOVES SpongeBob!! I will have to get that game and play it with him. You are a fun mom!! The kids love beating us at those board games =)