I am freezing right now as I type this because I just got out of the crazy cold pool. Brrrrr, I'm literally shivering even though I'm bundled up in 2 sweatshirts and a sweater, warm sweats, thick socks and a wool beanie.
Anyway, I was very excited to run today after 2 days off. I did a V02 workout at the track. I can definitely tell the difference when I run mile repeats prior to 800s versus doing the goal pace run prior to 800s. I was a lot slower w/ the 800s today than I am when I start out with goal pace miles.
1 mile warm up followed by 4 x 100 strides.
2 x 1 mile repeats: 6:48 w/ 3-1/2 minutes recovery, then 6:43 w/ 3-1/2 minutes recovery.
4 x 800: 3:14, 3:21, 3:18, 3:17. 2-1/2 minutes recovery between.
Without a doubt the 2 middle 800s were toughest on me. I was feeling tired and the top of my left foot was feeling a little weird. (I think I need inserts in the Asics Speedstars). By the end of those 800s my left hamstring was also feeling tight.
2 x 1 mile repeats: 6:50 (I was surprised because I ran this in lane #2), and then 6:54. During that last mile repeat I was getting stiff and I could tell my gait was a little off because of the left foot and hamstring issues.
1 mile cool down.
The workout was HARD. It felt good to walk the recovery laps. I really talked to God again during and between intervals. I kept asking for His will to be done and to give me strength to go with His plan. I was thankful because He kept me going!
My legs were throbbing when I got home so as soon as I could, I stood waist deep in the pool for 15 minutes instead of the usual 10. I'm going to stretch when I put the baby down for a nap. I'll take 2 "recovery run" days, tomorrow and Thursday, and then ramp up the speed again with the Tempo workouts on Friday.
Time to do housework!
I hope you all have a great day!
TOTAL MILES: 9.5
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


2 comments:
You are insane...LOL Incredible workout....followed by a insane cool down.
Arrghhh... Speed work. Great workout. I hate, hate, hate, speedwork. But to run faster you do have to train faster. Good Job!
tom
Post a Comment