It's still a cutback week so I am trying not to go stir crazy with running fewer miles. It was actually a very nice morning. I had a coffee date with the baby and when my hubby came home I quickly headed out to get a massage. I NEEDED one badly. I had a knot in my right shoulder and right side of my neck for 3 days, causing a lot of discomfort. My massage therapist got all the kinks out and I feel like a million bucks again. You know I didn't even think my calves were sore until she started working on them! Ouch, but much better afterward. My right Iliotibial Band is getting tight and she worked on that too. Seriously she is probably the best massage therapist I've ever been to!
I taught my son's class the Just Run program again today. We got to do it outside because it was warm enough, and sunny. I set up a two lane obstacle course for the kids to run through and they LOVED it. They ran their little hearts out today, and finished with a 1/4 mile around the track. I'm very proud of them! I love it when my son looks happy, as he did today. I get to teach my daughter's class tomorrow!
Afterward I ran to the track for warm up and then did the following workout:
4 x 800 meters (which is 4 sets of 2 laps) followed by 4 x 400 meters (4 sets of 1 lap). This is how it worked out.
3:15
2 minute recovery
3:17
2 min. recovery
3:13
2 min. recovery
3:12
2 min. recovery
1:28
1 min. recovery
1:34
1 min. recovery
1:32
1 min. recovery
1:32
1 min. recovery
It felt good, but hard!
Ran back to the school for cool down.
It is always motivating to run at the track when the college track team is there practicing. The coach and the students are familiar with me now so they are very nice and even cheer me on occasionally.
My husband drove by me on the way back to the school and then he waited for me to get there. I love seeing him when I'm out running! It always gives me a boost.
Time to ice in the pool while the baby naps and hubby works in the back yard.
TOTAL MILES: 5
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
It is great to hear someone say that their spouse inspires them. Keep up the good work and thanks for checking out my blog.
Great Job on the Speed work!!
You sound like a wonderful ,caring mother :)
Take care and have a great weekend..
Vanessa
Thanks Billy & Bob!
Billy, I love the wedding photos on your site. Gorgeous couple!
I do enjoy seeing my husband when I'm on a run as well.
However we don’t seem to run well together. For some reason when we run together, I loose all my "strength" when we were training for Chicago together, on our long runs, I would whine and cry about how hard it was, but on runs by myself, I can make myself finish. I think it has something to do with that I look to him as my protector.
We'll see how we do once we hit our long runs again in our half training.:)
Although I would not give that time back training for Chicago with him for anything!
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes for my Dad.
Have a great week-end
Your such a cute mommy. Have a great weekend!
i totally got to get me a message, and soon!
Post a Comment