Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Flu

I think I have the flu. Everything aches and it's hard to move. My throat is really thick and my head hurts. No fever though. Not yet anyway. Yesterday I woke up kind of feeling weird. Took a nap when the baby did and when we woke up, my throat felt like it had a softball in it. The idiot in me said, "Let's get that 6 miler in." So we did. As I pushed the baby in the jogging stroller, my body felt tired and my legs felt heavy. I could also hear something strange in my breathing. As soon as we got home, my body just wanted to collapse. Today I'm much worse. Thank God my husband is home to take care of me and the kids. I'm taking today off, and tomorrow, and it looks like I might not be able to run the 10K race scheduled for Sunday. We'll see how it goes. I have to keep the bigger picture in mind: BOSTON. Nuff said.
THURSDAY TOTAL MILES: 6

12 comments:

keith said...

sounds like now is definitely a good time to take it easy...hope you feel better.

i have been meditating on the big picture lately. it involves not trying to break down any walls so close to a big picture event.

missing a couple workouts or runs isn't going to make boston or break it at this point, right? you've worked so hard and accomplished so much -- your body is asking for rest!
not to be preachy, but i do the same thing and then i pay the price...

Nuke Runner said...

Take care of yourself and I hope you don't get hit too hard with the flu/crud. Regardless, Boston is close enough now that a little rest won't hurt your race day performance and Boston is far enough away that you should be able to be fully recuperated. Good Luck.

SoberMommie said...

AWE...Feel better. You'll be back on your feet in no time. But if you do not rest, it will take longer.=)

Unknown said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. If I go out to Jesse's want me to swing by and pick up the kids? All 3?

pika said...

Take care of yourself and feel better - I want to meet you and the family when you come visit my turf in a couple of weeks! I'll do the Heartbreak Hill race - you do the marathon and it will all be good. :D

Arron said...

drink lots of fluids and feel better. BOSTON is the Key!! later.

Unknown said...

I will say a special prayer for your strength.

Get lots of rest -- and plenty of OJ!!!

Have a restful week-end!

G

GB said...

You guys and gals are great! Thank you for the nice thoughts. I know this little bit of down time will do me good.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better! You'll be in my prayer before i seelp tonite.

One more thing...STAY AWAY FROM YOUR KIDS... you don't want them catching it. ;D

Ms Eva said...

I just read in the new issue of RW - David Willey ('A Refresher Course') came down with bronchitis 3 weeks before he was to run the Austin Marathon. He was forced to run just 20 miles per week. Amby Burfoot told him, "I think that sounds like a recipe for success." It was! He finished Austin in 3:25. :)

Take care of yourself & rest knowing you've done the work and you will be ready. :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

hope ur feelin better LIL,

GOD Bless U,

Bob

GonnaGoRun said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!