Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Goal Pace/ 800s/ Tempo Day

Another beauty of a day in the 70's. As soon as hubby got home to hang with the baby, I headed out the door for the rough speed workout on schedule. It was tough, and some weird things happened with weird people (let's just say I almost used my O.C. Spray), but I got through it in one piece, thanks be to God!

Just FYI, I use Google Earth to measure my routes so that's the reason for the exact miles.

Here's how it went:
10 min jog warm up.
~3.27 miles Goal Pace @ 7:48 pace (too fast, was supposed to be 8:00 pace).
~.53 miles x 6 @ 3:22, 3:28, 3:24, 3:27, 3:27, 3:28 with 2 minute recovery jog in between each repeat. (Then got interrupted by a strange, police-contact worthy kind of man who left me alone after I told him I was going to call Police. My husband also came out to see what was going on and that helped)!
~3.27 miles Tempo @ 7:25 pace (I was aiming for close to 7:28, so I'm okay with this).
~Then a 7th .53 mile interval for good measure @ 3:29.
1 mile jog/walk cool-down.

Needless to say my husband worried about me when I told him some creep was outside hanging around. My hubby & the baby drove slowly by as I ran the Tempo miles, just to keep an eye out for me.

I just finish soaking in the cold pool and feeL better. Gonna stretch a bit before the baby goes for his nap. Bake a little lasagna, and watch American Idol after dinner.

TOTAL MILES: 12.25

Yesterday's Recovery Miles: 4

6 comments:

seagull junker said...

oh creepy, why do people have to be like that??? Glad you are safe. And what a fantastic husband you have!

What a heck of a workout! Dang, fast!!!

I have a friend that also checks his exact milage with "myfavoriteruns.com" or something like that. But both work the same I suppose. He is able to save specific routes and such and save comments on how the run went.

great workout once again. one of these days i will get up to do speed work. i tore my vastis medialis last year getting ready for states and i just don't want that to happen again!!!
tom

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

she is a Speed Momma Tom, those creepy people won't be able to catch her... but please Lil be careful & keep that spray close to ya :-)

Congrats on another great workout :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom. I'm going to check out that website.
I keep saying I'm going to try Ultras one day, so don't feel bad not doing speedwork right now. :)

And Bob, you know that spray will be with me on every run.

Anonymous said...

Really stinks that you have to look over your shoulder nowadays, when you just want to get out and get a run in...Sorry to hear it was bordering on unpleasant...

I had a similiar experience about a month ago, when a minivan kept trailing me slowly...I kept saying "Go on, I'm just running here don't let ME hold you up!" but they kept staying with me....I was running thru a dark residential area so I turned my route towards the well-lit main street and ended up leaving Mr Minivan behind...

Still creeped me out though, so I understand even though I'm not a woman (I assume it's probably even worse for you young ladies)

CrzyDJM

Anonymous said...

Oh and forgot to add...

Go Blake and Lakesha!!!!

CrzyDJM

keith said...

Glad to hear you're okay! It's probably good to know you could have out-run him if need be!

Very. Very. Jealous of the 70's you're having out there. But we are pretty psyched about our 40's up here...Even ran to work this morning!

Google earth is a great running tool...I use it to find new routes all the time.