Okay, as I posted before, my favorite runner of all time, Deena Kastor, is running this year's Boston Marathon. She wants to win! I want her to win, as do thousands of other Americans. Here is a recent video clip of an interview she did with WBZ in Boston.
I was thinking about the California International Marathon yesterday and am getting really excited to run the 25th anniversary marathon this year. Watch the exciting finish between Ndambuki and Kabiso last year. You'll have to click on the first link on the list underneath the photo of the finishers. It's really amazing! When I see it I feel exhilaration and heartbreak because somebody's dream came true while another's came crashing down, all in a matter of a split second. Just goes to show you, it ain't over 'til it's over! Run your heart out until you cross that line!
Miguel Nuci was the third place runner in last year's CIM with a phenomenal finish of 2:15! He qualified for the A Standard American Men's Olympic Marathon Trials. I mention him because I've seen him out on my runs and he's always kind enough to smile and say hello, even when running very hard. I consider it kind of good luck when I see him on my training runs! He's also running Boston this year.
Back to running, the baby and I did an easy 4 miles today. It was gorgeous out, as I expected. We saw some family friends while out there and it was great to stop and chat with them for a few. I'm going to stand in the pool while he's napping and then finish laundry.
TOTAL MILES: 4
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


2 comments:
Thanks for posting that video clip. I love Deena! I think she is so inspiring and what a great attitude. Boston is going to so amazing. I saw your earlier post about it hitting home that you'd made it; I hope you stay healthy and injury-free in these last weeks!
Wow Cool Clips---Thanks
Post a Comment