Finished the last triple play of this training schedule, THANK GOD! It's the 3 miles at marathon goal pace followed by 6-8 x 800s followed by 3 miles at tempo pace. Here's how it went down:
1 mile jog
3.27 miles @ 25:43 (7:51 pace)
2 minutes recovery
6 x .56 loops w/ 1 minute recovery between @
3:38 (6:29 mile pace)
3:43 (6:38)
3:38 (6:29)
3:44 (6:39)
3:44
3:44
2 minute recovery
3.27 miles @ tempo 24:08 (7:22 pace)
Then 1 more .56 loop @ 3:47 (I was tired).
1 mile cool down jog.
I won't lie, it was tougher than heck. But oddly enough I felt no pain at all during the workout... it all crept up on me during the cool down mile though, just general aches and soreness. I am SO GLAD I don't ever have to do that workout again for the rest of my marathon training for Boston. Yaaaaaaaay!
I am going to grab a cup o' joe (decaf) and stand in the pool while the baby naps. Rest day tomorrow. Can't wait!!!
TOTAL: 12.46
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Hello, I've been hanging around the RW forums lately and I came across the link to your blog. It is such an inspiration to me! I will absolutely be back. You are hardcore. I'm hoping to one day qualify for Boston, but I have a ways to go. =) Anyways, way to rock on that workout! I hope they continue to go well.
Wow! What a tough workout? What training plan are you following? Do you have a personal trainer or coach?
Hi mir, glad you stopped by. I checked out your blog and you've got some very impressive PRs! I have no doubt you will break those. Keep up your hard work. I added your link to my blog list and hope that's okay. See you soon!
Hi makita! Thanks for your comment! I'm using RW Online's plan called "Your Ultimate Marathon Training Plan." I'm following the Advanced level this time around. I don't have a trainer or coach, I just seek as much information as possible from other runners like yourself, and from fitness professionals. Saves me some money!
Post a Comment