Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

3:29:19

My Boston Marathon chip time. I am still in shock!

I read all the comments all of you left on my previous post, and thank you, thank you, thank you! I knew I could feel you all with me in spirit out there on the course. I'm so glad I did.

I'm working on a race report today, but I need to catch up on some sleep and laundry. Aaaah, the necessities in life. ;) I will say that the Boston Marathon is indeed the Super Bowl of marathons. I sincerely hope you will make the journey from Hopkinton to Boston someday. It is an experience you will never forget!


Here I am, picking up that coveted Boston Marathon bib.

The street to the right of this very old and wonderful downtown Boston fire station is where we ran up to Boylston Street to make our last turn toward the finish line. The finish line was 3/10s of a mile from this corner. The longest 3/10s of my life! The firefighters invited my husband to hang out there with the baby on race day so that they could have a dry, warm place to watch the race from. I thought that was so nice of them to do!

This is Monica, me and John. Monica and John are runners from the RunnersWorld Online message boards. It was so awesome to finally meet them in person. It was like hanging out with old friends!

This is the day after the marathon. I am such a tourist.

Here is my loving husband holding the baby up to the bar inside Cheers (aka Bull and Finch Pub). Yes, babies are allowed in the bar!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

GB, you are my hero! Spent the morning glued to the tracker and virtually running with you (but I could not keep up!). I was nervous you had pulled out when the live updates went bonkers.

Funny how great I feel about your result, even if we never met, nor talked. I guess it's this new digital age we live in.

You rock GB, and I can't wait to read your report. I already have the tissues ready.

Bry

Ian said...

Congratulations!! Awesome time! I read over at the RunnersWorld forums that it was a PR by 11 minutes! You are an inspiration, I hope to be able to make the trip sometime in the next few years.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! The suspense.....*reaches for a cookie*....I can't wait to read your race day report.

Congrats again, very motivating. We need more pics lol.

See Red Run.

pika said...

Hopefully next year you'll have better weather for Boston. :D

Congrats on the PR.

Nuke Runner said...

Congratulations, what a great race gb! Funny you mentioned the fire house; I was going to suggest that as a good place near the finish for your husband wait while watching for you.

Unknown said...

Congrats GB!!!

I've been watching for your post.
Looks like you not only had a great race time, but you had a great time!

As soon as you get settled back in, race report please..... :)

Nice job!!

God Bless
G

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

3:29:193:29:193:29:193:29:19
3:29:19
3:29:19
3:29:19
3:29:19
3:29:19 3:29:193:29:19
3:29:19 3:29:19
3:29:19 3:29:19
3:29:19 3:29:19
3:29:19 3:29:19
3:29:193:29:193:29:193:29:19

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ya I thought SO :-( I tried to cut& paste your time in the shape of the
letter "G" for GB but when I submit it, it came out like that -lol

OH well, YOU Rock and your TIME was So AWESOME!! Great PICS ... look forward to your report.

Get some rest!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say it "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!" You truly are an inspiration to me!!!

Nice Pics, BTW.

Unknown said...

So very proud of you!! Congratulations! Glad you, Mike and Jimmy are back home safe. Love you!

Mir said...

I'm glad you had time to do some sightseeing and meet friends from the RW forum--makes the experience all the better. Congrats once again--can't wait for that report!

Barefoot Hammer said...

Can't wait for more pics...congrats Lil!!

I was in Boston late last year for a wedding where the groom's dinner was in the building Cheers is in. Let's just say we had a little too much fun afterwards with the proud Brig. Gen. father buying the drinks ;).