Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Boston Race Pics

Wow. Four days after the race and my body is feeling relatively normal. I know I wouldn't be able to go out and do a full speed session right now, but I ran an easy 2 miles yesterday and felt no soreness. Today, I do an easy 3 around lunch time.

I spent the morning cleaning the bathrooms with my hubby. That's a sure sign that life is going to return to normal for a while. Thank goodness! No marathon training until August. I have a short race on the 29th to honor Pat Tillman. Then another race at the start of Memorial Day Weekend, and short races all through summer. :)

Here's the link to my Boston Marathon Race Photos. I got the email from Marathonfoto.com today. You can bet I'll be placing an order!


This is one medal I'm going to keep safely.


Here's my boy, happy about that medal!


<--Here's why I ran the Boston Marathon.




Yesterday's Miles: 2
Today's Miles: 3.2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lillie,

Great race report and I love the pics! I was wondering, did you run w/music? If so, do you mind sharing some of your playlist? I'm always trying to find good running music, and maybe some of your mojo may rub off on me while I'm listening too!

Jaxy

Ms Eva said...

Great pictures! Glad to see recovery is going well. :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Sweet pics & the Boston pics are great too you look strong & some shots of you getting the crowd jazzed up--lol ...also the finish line pic looks awesome with ur hands!

OK I am done praising you for a while now get back to ur trainings--haha

GB said...

Hi Jaxy, I'm sorry I don't have a playlist to share. I only run with music when I'm on a treadmill, and it's whatever is playing over the gym's system. Otherwise it's just me and the great outdoor noises. I have always run like that and really enjoy it.

Makita, thanks sweet lady! One thing I have to modify in recovery is my calorie intake, or I will balloon up pretty fast.

BOB, BOB, BOB, thanks so much for always having a supportive word and for always making me laugh. I really liked the "G" you tried to make with my finish time! You're so awesome! I will check your blog today and see what you've been up to. I've fallen behind in checking everyone's blogs.