Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mid Week Happenin's

It's so gorgeous outside. Temps will soar to the mid 80s this weekend. Should be a nice morning on Sunday for Pat's Run. My girlfriends, Lisa and Jessica, will be running too so it should be a fun time. I'll see how I feel that morning and then decide if I'll give it a hard race effort, or use it as more of a tempo run. I still have a little touch of soreness here and there after the marathon, but I think it's from not pushing myself over the last week and my legs are just getting stiff.

Yesterday I ran 7 miles at a recovery pace, nice and slow at 9:35/mile. My legs felt heavy in the last mile or two. I knew I needed to shake it up a bit. Before bed I did the standard CrossFit warm up, just to get a little bit of strengthening in, subbing push-ups for the pull-ups and dips.

The "official" CrossFit Warm-up is:

3 rounds of 10-15 reps of
Samson Stretch (do the Samson Stretch once each round for 15-30 seconds)
Overhead Squat with broomstick
Sit-up
Back-extension
Pull-up
Dip

Today I pushed the baby in the jogging stroller and we did 4 miles at an 8:22 pace, incorporating 4 x ~100 meter strides throughout the run, and finishing with 2 more ~100 meter strides. It felt GREAT! No heavy legs at all. I stretched afterward and feel even better. Tomorrow I do my first Tempo run since pre-Boston.

YESTERDAY'S MILES: 7
TODAY'S MILES: 4

10 comments:

keith said...

That's awesome that you've decided to try an ultra!

You have a lot of really, really good ones within spitting distance of where you're located.

Runner's world has a good training article for a 50 miler...I mean, why the heck not?

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,sssss6-238-244--7556-1-2X3X4-4,00.html

Perry H. said...

You're doing an Ultra?? That is one challenge I'm never going to take, lol. I can't believe I'm going to run another marathon!!
Good luck Sunday, I bet when you get on that starting line and feel a lil of that good old natures adrenaline, you'll run hard!! Let us know how it goes and best of luck!

seagull junker said...

you are running an ultra? I can't seem to find where you commented on that???? What one are you thinking of??? Tons of info on

http://www.run100s.com/
http://www.ultrunr.com/

my ears are burning to hear about it if you are going to give it a shot.

tom

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

hmmm GB u going to do an Ultra? ...I think U would do great!!

you are a Mentally strong determined runner, perfect requirements for ultra's...Please keep us posted on that... Big question would be can U slow up to do it--lol I know U can once you decide :-) well who knows you might not have to slow up--haha

Mir said...

You would rock an ultra. Can't wait to hear about that!

Sounds like marathon recovery is going great, keep it up! :)

Deck Ape said...

You have me beat there Lillie... I don't have any desire to do an Ultra. You will be great...

Ms Eva said...

I didn't see where Lillie mentioned an ultra, either... are you, Lillie!?

I don't think I have it in me to run an ultra... getting the mileage in during marathon training is hard enough.

My hats off to those who do. Right now, I just want to BQ. :)

Your recovery is going awesome, BTW!

DawnB said...

thank you for your words of encouragement. You are doing great with your recovery!!! congratulations on deciding to go beyond the marathon!!!

Anonymous said...

So moving up another level and running an ultra?!?

You'll do great b/c you're such a strong woman, mentally and physically.

Anonymous said...

What about 100m?:) Whats your time?