Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Taper Tuesday Track Work

I made the mistake of procrastinating on my training run today and ended up doing the track workout in 80-degrees, sharing the track w/ the university track team that is preparing for their section meet. Usually they are so accomodating and let me take lane #1, but today I was banished to the very outside lane, #9, in the middle of the workout. :( That's okay, I needed the extra work today. To top it off, I pushed the baby in the jogging stroller the whole time. Here's how it went:

1 mile warm-up run to the track
4 x 400s (was able to do the first set in lane #1):
1:39, 1:38, 1:35, 1:37 with the same amount of recovery time between each;
i.e.: 1:39 recovery, 1:38 recovery, etc.
2 x 800s : 3:33 (in lane# 4), 1:50 recovery, 3:25 (in lane #1), 1:50 recovery.
4 x 400s: 1:38 (lane #1), then banished to lane 9; 1:49, 1:48, 1:46 with same recovery time between each.
1 mile cool down run home.

It was hot and I finished 16 ounces of water during the workout, chugged another bottle at home and then chugged Gatorade after that. I felt a little tired from racing on Sunday so I was glad the workout was short.

TOTAL MILES: 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just continue to amaze me with your passion and commitment to running. Nice job on your workout