Here's a copy of the email I received from the Boston Athletic Association this week:
"Wednesday, April 11 - As the Boston Athletic Association continues to make preparations for Monday's Boston Marathon, we are monitoring the upcoming weather conditions forecast for this area. Based on the National Weather Service's most recent report and in cooperation with the Executive Office of Public Safety (Commonwealth of Massachusetts) and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, together with the eight cities and towns along the 26.2-mile marathon route, we are planning for likely heavy rain and windy conditions on race day. However, all race day plans remain the same. The Boston Athletic Association advises participants in Monday's race to plan accordingly for their run, bringing with them gear and apparel to suit the conditions. The B.A.A. will continue to update its web site as necessary."
As bad as I think I'll have it as a runner, these wheelchair racers will have it worse! Anyway, the weather should make for a very memorable, if not hilarious marathon experience. I've never run in a major rainstorm with gale winds and what not. I take comfort in knowing that I won't be alone out there... there'll be about 23,000 other runnin' fools with me. I still can't wait!
Today I run 5 miles. I will throw in some strides, or 2-3 miles at marathon goal pace.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


5 comments:
Good luck in Boston!!
I bookmarked your blog a few months ago ( I'm running my 1st Boston too) and reading about your training really motivated me to keep up with mine. You are so positive about everything - thanks for pushing me to train hard!
I hope you have a great race, maybe I'll see you in corral 15 :)
Hey Meg! Thank you! Good luck to you too, and it would be great to see you in the corral. We'll have fun no matter what the day brings.
Thanks for the BIB # GB, update ur post and ADD it!!
I just told JEN that the unknown of the weather just ADDS some more excitement to an exciting day!!! YEAHHHHHHH
ADD THAT BIB # :-) this is exciting, I am getting fired up to follow along!
cool, with the bib # i'll be able to track your progress every 2.5 miles. like "watching" it almost. exciting!
rain is fine. gail force winds don't sound to fun. at least it isn't blistering hot or fridged cold.
have a blast!
tom
Its gonna be a special race on Monday and you're gonna be part of it. Enjoy and survive. They're talking a head wind I'm sorry to say. But you'll be able to say you conquered the Boston Marathon in 2007.
Good Luck
Post a Comment