Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The DOMS

I've got some serious DOMS today. Otherwise known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. You know, that soreness that comes on about 48 hours after a hard weight training session? Well, I haven't done any weight training (I guess you can count the dumbell swing from Monday), but I am so very sore. My upper hamstrings/lower glutes (they must be magically "lifting" now -- ha!) and my lats and shoulders (pull-ups). It feels great to be sore again, but wow it's hard to sit down or to squat down to the baby's level. I have got to get back into Cross Fit shape.

Lastnight before bed I did manage to get in 100 sit-ups (broken into 4 sets of 25) and 100 push-ups, girl style because of my toe (also broken into 4 sets of 25). Maybe that's why my upper body is more sore. (Gee, I'm so smart sometimes). ;-) I also did some stretching. For those interested, the CF Workout of the Day is a BUTT BURNER! Glute-hamstring sit-ups combined with deadlifts. I think I'll be skipping that one.

It has only been 16 days since Boston and technically I'm supposed to take 26 days of recovery (1 day easy, light cross training, or off for every mile raced). So I'm good. This toe fiasco has forced me to recover properly instead of going out and doing tempo and speed sessions, and racing less than 2 weeks afterward. What was I thinking when I committed to that? At least Pat Tillman's foundation received my donation so that's a good thing. My toe is much better. I think about 70%. If all goes well, I'll try a run next week. I think tomorrow I'll be heading to the gym for some rowing or stationary cycling, whatever doesn't aggravate the foot/toe.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: