Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, May 14, 2007

I RAN TODAY!!!

I got out there and ran today. I just HAD to do it. I was dreading going to the gym to cross train on the bike on such a lovely day as this! Gorgeous blue skies, warm but not yet hot, very light breeze, just enough to cool you as you started to sweat. PERFECT day for a run.

I had aimed for just 3.2 miles along the canal, but it felt so good to be out there that I ended up doing 5.3. I ran nice and easy, and surprisingly the only thing that was sore for a little while was my lower back. It is so true that running just pounds your body! After not having done it for 2 weeks, my body really felt it.

I finished the run in 50:53, a 9:36 pace. Thank you, God.


Then I did some pull-ups because I need to!


I'll finish with 75 situps tonight before bed.

TOTAL MILES: 5.3

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lillie,

Yay for your run today!! It's addictive isn't it? I've been having some leg pain and today I still did my 4 miles. Luckily my leg's feeling better, but I feel so crappy when I can't run. I love the running skirt!

Jaxy

GonnaGoRun said...

That's great you're finally back to running!
Thanks so much for the comment you left me the other day! It helped lift my spirts. I've been pretty bummed out about my knee lately. So I just wanted to say thanks!!

DawnB said...

Nice job!!!today was just the perfect day for it too!!! I got out of the office a few times not to run but just to soak in what a truely wonderful day today was and I thanked God for blessing us!!!

Mir said...

Yaaaaay!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Ms Eva said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! Love the jungle gym - is that your backyard? :)

Perry H. said...

Dang impressive woman!! Uh, not the bikini....ok, that's impressive too. Congrats! I remember the first day I could wear a bathing suit and there was no gut hanging over it...what a joy that was!! I've put a few back on, so it's time to re-dedicate myself. I was once 250 lbs, and I ain't going back!

pika said...

Glad you got a run in and it felt good. I'm assuming the jungle gym is in your back yard - cool! I just discovered that when they redid the park near my house about a year or so back they put in one of those fitcore courses so I'm thinking about doing a little strength work there - but I'm a long, long way from what you can do.

Perhaps one day.... *sigh*

welcome back to the roads.

GB said...

Hi Jaxy, glad you're still running. Just be mindful of the leg pain and don't let it get worse. (Then again, who am I to give such advice)? ;)

Gonnagorun, how's your ITBand and knee doing? I hope it's not giving you too much trouble right now. Keep swimming! Time to let the knee heal. Don't get too down about not running, although I know how you feel!

Hi Dawn, thanks for visiting. I'm glad you're enjoying the great weather too!

Mir, how's that marathon training? I'll check out your blog soon and see how you're doing.

Makita and Pika, yup it's my backyard. I had hubby rig the pull up bar onto the kid's playset and it works like a charm. I help my kids do pull ups too and they think it's so fun! Crazy kids!

RunninMan, I know you won't go back to your previous weight! You work too hard! :)