I went to the gym today after a nice day of rest yesterday, and I did 45 minutes on the elliptical using the aerobic program (which has you pushing, pulling, using your legs only, going backwards, etc.). My average heart rate per the elliptical machine was ~150 bpm. Honestly, the elliptical worked me harder than I thought it would.
I then did the CrossFit workout of the day:
5 Rounds for Time of -
Power Cleans, 21 reps (I used the 35lb. barbell)
Hand Stand Push Ups, 12 reps
My shoulders were burning by the third round. During the last two rounds I had to modify the hand stand push up so that my body was more at an angle toward the floor rather than straight up and down. I can tell I'm going to have a stiff upper body tomorrow.
Good news is I actually bought a bikini yesterday and am not afraid to wear it. Just don't make me stand next to some Victoria's Secret model and I'll be okay. Anyway, I can't wait to get rid of these funky tan lines I have from my socks and running tops.
Have a good one!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


10 comments:
and why shouldn't you be!! you've been working out pretty hard!!! great workouts
way to go! all the more reason to soak in the pool!
She wore an itsi bitsi tweeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini...
err, is it yellow polka dot??
Great workout as always! :)
I've got the total runners tan lines. Yikes! I'm not getting into the bathing suit just yet....=)
I just gotta work on a better diet to get a true "6-pack." Naaaah, I love food waaaay too much. ;)
nice workout, I have been watching some of those crazy crossfit videos...I can see u on one of them soon:-) way to go!!
Nice Pic too !!
Great workout..i bet you will look great at the pool :)
Happy Mother's Day, GB! :)
Hey superwoman,
First of all, Happy Mother's day!
Hope you had a great mother;s day celebration with your family. As great as the wrokouts you've been doing. God bless!
Thanks for the kind words Lillie. You are an inspiration to me also..
Post a Comment