I'm posting late, it's been a busy day. This morning I chaperoned my 8 yr. old's field trip and it was so fun to be with him and the rest of the parents and kids.
I was so tired when I got home just before lunch. After we ate I crashed out for a nice, solid nap. Picked up the kids from school at about 3 and then went to the gym to run shortly afterward.
I warmed up for 2 miles, then ran 4.1 miles at Tempo in 30:16 (avg overall pace of 7:22) then 1 mile cool down, so 7 total. I needed it. It was a hard run and I felt tired, but it was therapeutic. I almost cried during the tempo run though, the exhaustion and sadness were getting to me. But I held it together and finished without a tear.
Just finished eating dinner w/ the family (we made tacos) and now going to get the baby ready for bed.
Tomorrow is a new day. Still waiting to hear on Mario's funeral arrangements. But I will take all three kids w/ me to running club at 8:00 and do a 3 miler. My older ones will ride their bikes and I'll push the baby in the jogging stroller.
TOTAL MILES: 7
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Naps and running are both therapeutic. Continue to take good care of yourself.
What an awesome pace! :)
Good to see you are taking care of yourself, lillie.
Surrounding yourself with the ones you love is always a great idea at times like this.
-c.
Hi GB, So sorry to read about the untimely death of your friend Mario... I will pray for his family and for you to Dear.
God Bless!!
gb, I am so sorry about your loss. I know what it's like to lose somebody special to you in life. I have lost quite a few. Take care of yourself and try to remember the great times and celebrate those times that you had together. It helps heal. I finally updated my blog....I will be praying for your heart girl.
Post a Comment