Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'm TIRED

Today was one of those "blah" days where I just couldn't get out of this funk. I've been feeling it for the last few days. Not really depressed, but kind of blue. Oh well, it happens I guess. When the baby went down for his nap, I forced myself to get into the pool and swim laps for 45 minutes. I was pretty much beat after 25 minutes, but hung in there for the last 20. I felt dizzy afterward, so I caught my breath and drank more water. I actually finished a 16 ounce bottle of water as I swam.

After I caught my breath I went into yesterday's CrossFit. I did 4 sets of 25 of the following 3 exercises: squats, sit-ups and push-ups. I alternated the exercises. It took me about 20 minutes to complete because I took my time. Like I said, I was tired! I feel the burn now though, everywhere. I hope I sleep good tonight. I need the zzzzzzzzzzz's.

G'nite.

5 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

I been a little blue too, kinda think it was all the JUNK food that did it too me & caused my crap workouts thus caused me to be blue...

BUT the blue is gone now since the JUNK Food is out of my system, well to a degree.

HOPE YOU Feel Better & get some GOOD ZZZZZZZZ's, GOD BLESS YOU!

Perry H. said...

Ice cream is the cure-all for the blues when I get them, and the added weight gain is a great motivator. You could gain 5-10 lbs and not even show it I bet!! Hope those blues go away quickly!!

jen said...

Wow for feeling Blah, you certainly kicked some butt! :)

I know how you feel, and it is no fun. Do a few extra things for yourself that make you happy (ice cream is a great idea, hehe, or get a pedicure, or watch a movie). Times like this I make a point to remind myself of all the wonderful things about my life, and how grateful I am for it all.

You know I think we have a lot in common, and I know for me, my type of personality (positive, enthusiastic, etc) means I'm extra sensitive too. Comes with the package. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Deck Ape said...

I hear you GB.. The weather here on the East coast is damn hot. I've been battling my lack of energy and seem to feel good on Wednesday. Today was soooo hot.. I will have to get a run in tomorrow..

Carolyn said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling the greatest GB! I know exercise works for me when I am feeling blue.

Hope you had a good rest! :)