Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sunday Run & Virtual Tuesday

I forgot to log my run on Sunday. It was an easy 6 miles accompanied by my 8 and 9 year olds on their bicycles. What a great time we had! I'm so glad they wanted to join me.

I rested Monday, no run, no CrossFit, just REST!

This morning I woke up at 6 and after drinking about 12 ounces of water I headed out for the track. I ran a 3 mile route there, and threw in 6 x 100 meter strides along the way after about 15 minutes of warm up jogging. I then stretched for a few minutes at the track before I did the prescribed distances for the first of 12 Virtual Races organized by the Masters Board on Runnersworld.com. Today was a 400m interval all out and then a 600m interval all out.
RESULTS: 400m @ 1:21.47; 600m @ 2:13.99. Both followed by recovery lap jog.

I felt the lactic acid build up in my upper body by the last stretch of the 400. And by the last stretch of the 600, I thought I was going to hurl. Thank goodness I didn't have breakfast first because it would've been on the track. I cooled down with a 3 mile easy run home.

Tonight I do 100 sit ups, some rolling on the foam roller and then stretch.

SUNDAY'S TOTAL: 6
LAST WEEK'S TOTAL MILES: 30

TODAY'S TOTAL: 7

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds great!

I cannot wait until I am able to run 30 mile weeks!
How long have you been running? Were you always athletic or did you just start in your adult life?

Ms Eva said...

Great first run for the "Virtual Race"... I had planned to join in but have since decided against it. I'll be rooting for you! :)

Anonymous said...

I think if I tried to do 100 situps I wouldn't be rolling on the foam roller. might feel like i'd been run over by a steam roller though. you rock.

Anonymous said...

you're faster than I am, but I think I'll get you with the handicap ;)