Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Checking In

Just wanted to quickly log yesterday's long run.
15.5 miles at average pace of 9:13.
I'll tell ya, my legs were dead. Felt like lead. It was a hard, hard run between miles 8 and 15.5. Seriously, I struggled to finish.

I plan on swimming tonight for about 45 minutes or so, but I might just take a full rest day.

The lesson I learned after yesterday's run:
Don't do deadlifts and squats the day before a scheduled long, steady distance run. My legs were just not strong enough to handle it. I'm glad it's over and time to look ahead to this week of training. It'll be a cut back week for me. I need it!

6 comments:

jen said...

Great job with your past few runs, I'm not surprised your long run was tough on you. Very fast on the Gheetah 3200 (I remember him from RW forums- you must know about the famous Gheetah Straw! ... if not I sound crazy :P) You sure deserve that cut-back week!

Anonymous said...

it's a deadlift and a squat just for me to get out of bed. but i'm not stuck with that, thank God. here's to new beginnings...

Ms Eva said...

A cut-back/recovery week is definately warranted! You've been working so hard. :)

Nancy said...

silly - love your stuff. everywhere I go, everyone is linked to you. you must be like the matriarch of the bloggers. I am just getting started and in awe of your speed, but only trying to let it motivate me and not get me down....you know how we women put ourselves down so easily. hope you will stop by sometime with encouragement. I am going to start linking up some of my favorites. take care, I think you rock!!

www.nancy262.com
BTW that picture of you with the clock overhead is priceless.

John Fenton said...

Way to gut it out, GB. Those hard runs make you stronger. And so does rest. :)

Your Boston buddy.

Deck Ape said...

GB, you are an animal..... I admire your dedication and determination. Keep up the good work...