Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

CrossFit Sunday

Got up and after breakfast, the kids and I went to church (hubby had to work again today), and while the baby went down for his nap and the kids played outside, I did the CrossFit workout of the day, "Diane."

After the standard CrossFit warm up of 3 rounds of 10-15 of Samson Stretch, Overhead Squats, Sit ups, Back Extensions, Pull Ups and Dips, I did the workout.
For time, 21-15-9 sets of Dead Lifts and Hand Stand Push Ups.
I completed the 3 rounds in 8 minutes, kind of slow but I'll take it. I only used 30 lbs. for the deadlifts because that's all I have at home. That's okay because I want my legs to feel fresh for tomorrow's 15-16 miler.

Here's the Samson Stretch, photo courtesy of my daughter. :-)
Have a sweet Sunday!

3 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Samson Stretch....Nice Photo ...But I might have to stretchhhhhhhhhh for a long time before I attempt that one:-)

Jenn said...

I could probably only get halfway down into that stretch...LOL!!! I am fairly flexible, and I could probably get into it from the floor...........but forget about lunging down!

John Fenton said...

GB, I'm still in awe of your CrossFit workouts. In fact, you have motivated me to do some specific upper-body work myself. I want to be able to do push-ups and pull-ups as well as GB.

And thanks for the blog link. I'm still playing with the format, but I added you as my first blog link. :)