Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hard Effort

A FREE run it was not! I paid for this one.

Did 2 miles warm up with 4 x 100 strides in there.
Then I did 2 x 3 miles at Tempo with a 2 minute recovery job between each 3 miler.
Splits:
7:21
7:31
7:22
2 minute recovery jog
7:19
7:31
7:30
Average Tempo pace for the 6 miles was 7:25 (I shoulda done it at 7:22, but oh well).
1 mile cool down.
The 9 miles averaged an 8:10 pace.
I must've been tired toward the end because as hard as I was trying, I did not get a negative split.

I was also about 6-9 seconds slower per mile than my last tempo run of 5 miles. It was about 1-1/2 weeks ago, and I did the 5 at an average pace between 7:16-7:19/mile. Maybe I need to cover the Garmin when I run so I don't look at it.

Yes friends, I AM ONCE AGAIN OBSESSED WITH PACE. The weird thing is I felt like I was giving a much harder effort than the clock said I was. It could be that I'm just not in prime shape yet, but hopefully I'll get there during marathon training. One month to go before I start.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I depise speed work.
Good for you for getting it done.

jen said...

First, I love your previous post about a Free running day, I am going to try that! :)

Second, dang you are speedy! I don't think the few seconds difference in pace mean anything, especially since you ran a lot in the previous week.

Have you mentioned what training plan you will be following for CIM? I think I will use Pfitz 12/55 again which means I won't start until Sept 10-hey that's my birthday!!! Sweet.

Jenn said...

Just saying HI!!!!!!!!! Sorry I have been a slacker over the past couple months posting to your blogs. I really appreciate your continued support on my blog!

It's funny, anytime someone mentions CrossFit, I think of you...LOL!

Jenn said...

...I should say I think of you and your handstand pushups...LOL!

jeffem said...

Don't worry about missing by a few seconds per mile. It is summer and hot out and you aren't even in your plan yet. Speaking of plans that looks like a workout out of the "ultimate" plan...

Ms Eva said...

I wouldn't think 3 seconds makes too much difference in this heat either. :)

Regardless, you are VERY FAST! :)