Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hope You Had a Nice Independence Day!

My 4th was very nice. The kids were at their dad's but the baby and I went over there to spend time with them while my husband worked. We also went to my hubby's Uncle's house for a nice gathering. But alas, I ended up watching fireworks by myself from our balcomy. That's okay, I got to talk to my husband on the phone through most of the show, and I know he wished he could've been with me.

He's home now so that's good! And tonight we are actually going out with friends without any kids in tow. The first time in 19 months.

Yesterday morning before it got too hot, the baby and I did 6 miles recovery. My legs felt soooo heavy and tired. I think they'll be okay today.

I'll be heading to the gym to run 1 mile warm up, 2 miles marathon goal pace, 2 miles tempo, 2 mile goal pace, 1 mile cool down. It's already close to 100 out, and it's supposed to be about 104 today.

Have a great Thursday!

AFTERNOON UPDATE:
Back from the run at the gym. I ran the 8 miles in 1:02:46 (7:50 pace). The miles looked like this:
1 mile warm up (don't know the split)
Mile 2 @ slower than goal pace 7:47
Mile 3 @ goal pace 7:41
Mile 4 @ tempo 7:13
Mile 5 @ tempo 7:13
Mile 6 @ goal pace 7:41
Mile 7 @ goal pace 7:35
1 mile cool down (don't know the split).

The middle 6 miles were at an overall pace of 7:31.

3 comments:

jen said...

Happy 4th to you!! Great job on the running lately- you are in a groove! It's sooooo hot here too. Hard to even think about running.

Have a blast tonight out with your friends! You deserve it. :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

GB Said:tonight we are actually going out with friends without any kids in tow. The first time in 19 months.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOOOO HOOOO ...Have a great time!!

and yes I have to do early workouts here now because of the T-Storms we get every afternoon...grrrrr

Ur pace rocks:-)

DawnB said...

Nice run those splits are awesome!!hope your date went well :)