I'm so excited! I woke up at 0430 hours today and was out the door on my 13.5 mile run by 0530. According to my new toy, aka Garmin 305, I ran the 13.5 at an avg pace of 8:58/mile. My last 3.5 miles averaged an 8:35 pace. I'm fine with that because today was supposed to be a long, steady run at "easy" pace. It felt great! NO traffic at all at that hour in the morning. I'm going to have to do that more often.
We finished off the morning at church, and now it's time to enjoy our Sunday together. We'll be heading out the door again, but for a day trip this time. It's so nice that the kids are out of school for summer!
Have a great Sunday.
WEEKLY TOTAL: 38
Mon: 4
Tue: off
Wed: 6
Thu: 7
Fri: 7.5
Sat: off
Sun: 13.5
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


10 comments:
GB that is the only way I get my runs in!!! It may seems that I'm out there alot and racing alot but its always base around my family times so if I have to run in the wee hours of the morning thats fine with me as long as I'm home before anyone else is out of bed!!
nice job on your 13.5 and congratulations on the new Garmin I love mine!!!
Yay for the new Garmin. It's a really great little gadget and now that I've figured out how to work mine, I never want to run without it. Have fun!
I wish I could wake up that early and run like you, GB. Congrats and as always thanks for all being my running inspiration.
Cool! We were both on the road early this morning... although you left the house about an hour sooner than I. In essence, though, we were running together. I covered 13.5 miles, too. :)
The Garmin Rocks!
Wow...that's way too early for me! I'm pleased with myself if I get out of bed at 5:45 to go swim! Way to go! And congrats on the new Garmin. I love mine!!!
Trust me everyone, unlike our Miss DawnB, I'm so not a morning runner, although I wish I was. I will only run that early if there is absolutely no way I know I can get my run in later. I'm much more of a mid morning runner.
Makita, I'm so happy that you are doing so well on your training! You're going to be amazing at your marathon. I know it!!!
looks like you're doing quite awesome! how do you like your garmin? have you taken it anywhere trail-ey?
Congrats on the great run and the new Garmin. I love my Garmin too and do not run without it!! It is the greatest gadget. It will tell you anything you want to know. Have fun with it and happy running.
Yay Garmin! Endless number-crunching fodder here. It is such a great tool and sometimes it can be a great motivator. I have an older model and I am trying not to be tempted too much by the 305. Have fun with it!
Nice job on the 13-miler!!
the 305 kicks butt. i love numbers and think it may be why i run and ride!! have fun with it. later.
Post a Comment