Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday Self-Race

There are a bunch of us forumites on Runner's World Online that are doing a virtual race series. It's all on the honor system and each week we have to run a certain distance at the track by ourselves. Bill, aka The Geetah, is the virtual race director and he figures everything out for us, including our handicaps for fairness.

I did the "Geetah 3200" at the track today at 10:30 a.m. (close to 80 degrees at the start). I ran a little over 2 miles to the track and then did 4 x 100 strides to loosen up. After the race against myself, I jogged a little over 2 laps, then ran 3 miles home. All in all, 8 miles at an average 8:49 pace.

I actually felt very good throughout the "race." And I did NOT look at my Garmin AT ALL during the entire 3200 meters!

1:37
1:40
1:43
1:46
1:46
1:47
1:43
1:40

Actual Time: 13:42
Handicap provided by Geetah: 122 seconds (2:02)
Final: 11:40

I hope I added correctly, my brain is fried. Tomorrow is a rest day, but will probably do CrossFit of some kind, then my long run on Monday. I usually do them on Sundays, but my hubby has to work 3 Sundays in a row, so Mondays it is.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

DawnB said...

Girl that is some really nice splits!! you are so fast, nice work out. And you did this all on by yourself!! I use to have the push but I just don't seem to be albe to do it anymore. Enjoy the rest of the day