Let's catch up on yesterday's run. Did 6 miles at easy pace, except for 1.5 in the middle that I "raced" against myself at the track. So it went like this:
1.65 mile warm up jog to track
Stretched a few minutes
4 x 100 meter strides (or .25 miles)
1-1/2 miles (or 2400 meters) race against self
Half mile loosen up jog
2.1 miles jog home.
Here are my splits for each of the 6 laps of the 2400 meters:
1:35 (too fast, I knew I'd burn out later)
1:41
1:39
1:41 (starting to hurt)
1:43 (really hurting)
1:41 (ready to puke)
My Garmin said 6:03 at the mile split, but when I downloaded the workout to the program, it said 6:10. Oh well, still happy with the overall "race" portion, even though I finished with a positive split instead of the coveted negative split.
Today I rested from running, played in the back yard this morning w/ the kids and we all swam for about an hour. When the baby went down for his nap, the kids played their video games as I did the quick CrossFit WOD "Cindy."
As many rounds possible in 20 minutes of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups and 15 squats. I got 10 full rounds + another set of pull ups and push ups before the timer went off. I'm pretty wiped out now.
Gotta shower and later it's off to church.
Have a great Sunday! Tomorrow is my long run of 14-15 miles. Couldn't do it today because my hubby is working an overtime shift. :( We miss him!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Hi, just stopping in to say hello since it's been so long and to let you know I'm back in the blog-o-sphere lol. Gosh, last I checked you just completed the marathon and now I'm reading about your swimming splits? Whoa nelly lol. That's motivation right there!
Glad to hear the little one is ok to after that scare.
Sincerely,
Red
www.seeredrun.com
this just in......you are fast!! nice work. later.
Holy speedster!! You rock!
Sorry to hear about your scare with the cheeto, thank God he's ok! :) I choked on a candy when I was a kid and it was terrifying, but I know it was even worse for my poor mother. Glad everyone is ok :)
I'm enjoying reading your blog. Admire your hard work ethic and speed. Hope today's LR went well.
Keep up the great running and posting
http://blog.runnerslounge.com
Post a Comment