Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Training Schedule Shifts

I think I mentioned before that my training weeks sometimes end on Mondays because of my husband's work schedule. Today is an unscheduled rest day, but will do some core strengthening (via CrossFit), and tomorrow will be my last run of the training week before starting anew on Tuesday.

Yesterday I ran the "long" run of my cutback week. It was 11.3 miles at an overall avg. pace of 8:31/mile. After the first 2 miles at an easy pace, I ran the next 9 at an avg. pace of 8:21/mile, my last mile being 8:05. I cooled down with a .3 mile jog. I just felt good yesterday, didn't want to push it too hard, but didn't feel like running too easy.

Tomorrow will be an "easy" 8.

Side note: my 20 year reunion is Saturday. Yikes! 20 years. It just doesn't seem possible.

3 comments:

John Fenton said...

Wow, GB. You're old! My 20-year HS reunion is not until next year. ;)

Keep up the good work. John.

SoberMommie said...

Awe -- the 20 yr reunion. I was just thinking about mine too which is coming up soon. All of your old friends will be in awe of you and what you have accomplished in your life. Beautiful family, great career...You rock girl!!

GB said...

John, you're making me and other class of '87 grads feel old! ;-)

OCRunnergirl, shoot. I'll be in the company of doctors and CEOs. But you're so sweet, thank you!