The workout of the day:
"Tabata Something Else"
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
This was a tough one. Never did a tabata workout before. The push ups were the most difficult for me today.
Pull ups: 9,6,7,8,7,7,7,6 = 57 (jumping pull-ups)
Push ups: 14,10,12,7,7,6,6,6 = 68 (traditional, down to fist)
Sit ups: 10 x 8 sets = 80 (not anchored)
Squats: 15,14,13,13,13,13,12,12 = 105 (no weight)
TOTAL REPS: 310
I took a day off from running to rest my legs after the weekend's race and long run yesterday. Tomorrow I do more track intervals. It'll be over 100 tomorrow so I'm doing them early in the morning.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
Nice Tabata 300! Are you sure you're not part machine?
forgot to ask, curious...how did you feel immediately after and then 5-10 minutes after completed?
Hey Lee, immediately after I felt like I had just run a race. Winded and pooped. Then as I walked around I started to feel like I was tightening up. So I jogged for about 5 minutes.
About 10 minutes later I felt better. Still pooped, but not super stiff.
Post a Comment