Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

In Full Swing

Thanks to all the feedback regarding my post long run headache on Sunday. Just a little background, I've suffered from knock down, drag out migraine headaches since I was about 10 years old. They have always been exercise induced. Believe me, I sufficiently hydrate to the point where I sometimes fear hyponatremia. These migraines go far beyond any dehydration. I have been putting off talking to my doctor about them for too long. Time to get them taken care of. Anyway...

...marathon training week one has begun. It started Tuesday with a nice easy paced 4 mile run followed by 4 x 100 meter strides. Yesterday I ran 9.5 miles including 4 x 1 mile cruise intervals with 800 meter jogs in between. The first interval was closer to race pace for The Geetah Mile, and miles 2-4 were at my cruise interval pace which is 6:54-7:03/mile.

6:46
6:55
6:53
6:56

Today is a non-running day and tomorrow I do a combo of marathon goal pace and tempo paced miles. I might swim later today for 40-45 minutes if the baby goes down for a 2nd nap. If not, I'll just do some general CrossFit stuff later in the evening.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

You're officially starting. I alway thing starts are petty cook even though they're not always demainding. They provide boundaries and purpose.Hope he weeks of training go wel. Am also a rose lover. Beautiful pic.

Ms Eva said...

So speedy! :)

The 311 Boys Mom said...

Congrats on starting!

About the migraines; I've gotten them since I was a small child also. And when I do any kind of excercise, I get them; even Yoga; I recently went on YAZ (the pill) & the extra hormone its gives me is PERFECT!!! I've been on a lot of different Migraine meds & honestly; they only lightened the throb--never made it go away; my OB had me try the pill again--one for women in tehir 30's was how she said it & the migraines aren't nearly as bad & hardly ever just out of the blue---mine used to last 3-17 days---seriously 17 days of double vision, dry-heaves, etc....Just something you might want to look into (My DH is 'fixed', so the pill is for headaches only! :)

Good luck on training!~NOt that you need it, you always do so good!