Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, August 03, 2007

The Miles This Week

Well I am so appreciative of the kind words and encouragement some of you have left me! Sometimes I just need to know that other runners have been there too. Thank you guys and gals!

Wednesday: 6 very easy, slow miles in 85-degree heat. Free run all the way!

Thursday: 6 easy miles earlier in the morning and felt a lot better. Still free. I also did another push up test to see how many traditional push ups I could do, down to fist without dropping to knees, before muscle failure. 52. Then I did 3 sets of 15 pull ups alternated with 3 sets of 15 dips. Ouch.

Today (Fri): 8 miles on the treadmill. 6 of which were run at avg. tempo pace of 7:19. Yea, I had to break the "free run" spell with a little speed. Surprisingly the entire tempo portion felt awesome. I didn't even have to stop for sportsdrink/water and I caught up on the news. However, my upper body was a tad tight!

Tomorrow: Will do 6 easy miles with the running club & 2 on my own, for 8 total.

Sunday: Will do 16 mile run in the hills with the running club.

Please be safe out there, friends, on your runs and your bike rides. Enjoy your weekend too! Blessings to all of you. :-)

2 comments:

DawnB said...

have a great running weekend!!

John Fenton said...

Enjoy the 16 tomorrow. You know you're hardcore when your FIRST day of marathon training is a 16-miler. :)