Hey there. I'm feeling much better today than I was the last time I posted. And no, I'm not pregnant! I think I had some vertigo issues after the swim. I was feeling completely normal and great all day until after I got out of the pool. I received a lot of good advice for different ways to breathe and I will try them. I can't let one bad swim stop me from swimming. Just like running, gotta do it through the good and the bad.
Today was GOOD! I ran 8.6 miles. After a 1.6 mile warm up jog, I ran 6 at the following paces: 7:54, 7:38, 7:18, 7:13, 7:13, 7:38, then 1 mile cool down.
Miles 3-5 were my tempo paced miles and the 7:38's are my marathon goal pace. I was very happy about the run. Tomorrow it's 6 easy, and Monday is my "long" run for my first week of marathon training. Just 10 miles with hills.
Feeling good! Hope all of you are too.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


13 comments:
gb - glad you are feeling better. after reading more about your migraines, I hope you will not delay in seeing the doc. there are great meds now that you can take as soon as it shows signs of starting, and also some preventive meds you could take if they are frequest. good luck with it. it's awesome that you don't let it keep you from exercising. you are such an inspiration to me!!
Nice workout. I remember that 7:38 goal pace ;) for several years it was my unobtainable BQ. I think I ran five marathons before I finally made it. With your dedication and mojo, I'm sure you'll nail it at CIM!
Glad you're feeling better. As usual you had a great workout!!
Nice pacing as usual, GB. I wish we could train together in person sometimes. :(
Hey GB,
Glad you're feeling better. I wish I knew how to swim like you. If you don't mind me asking, what marathon are you training for? and when is it? Have a good week!
Hey GB Glad Ur feeling better Hun....
"HUGS" no drugs (or meds) too many people are on that crap as it is...sorry Nancy :-)
No problem, Bob. It probably sounds like I am pushing drugs. I just feel really strongly that no one should suffer from true migraines when we have stuff available. But to be fair, this is my line of work :) I am a doctor of pharmacy. And I do understand people's hesitancy to take things, especially athletic, healthy, fit people like you and GB. So I'll try not to be too pushy!!
Anyway, both you and GB are an inspiration to me. Some day, when I grow up, I will have training runs like these....
Another awesome workout, GB! I'm glad you are feeling better. :)
Glad you are feeling better. I'm off this morning for a 17 mile long run. Pray for me!!
Keep pressing toward the finish line!
gaj
Nice workout. You've got speed many of us wish we had. Good luck with the kickoff of marathon training. Which one?
Smoking good splits GB...
I'm glad to see you are feeling better.
You take care...
Great run GB! Hope you had a good long run on Monday too. :)
Post a Comment