Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, September 07, 2007

Feeling Good (this week)

Once again, thanks for the encouragement through my downer week everybody! YOU are all the nicest people. ;)

Tuesday I ran 9 miles on the treadmill at the gym. I did a 3 mile warm up and then 5 miles of hills that simulated Boston's Newton Hills (at my hill tempo pace) and then a one mile cool down. It felt so good!

Wednesday I ran 4 easy miles and worked out with some fellow MOMS Club moms at our local track. It was so good to exercise with other people! I need to do that more often.

Yesterday I ran 11 miles on the treadmill again (poor air quality outside due to multiple forest fires in the surrounding areas). I ran 15 minutes warm up, 59:58 for 8 miles, then 13 minutes cool down. The middle 8 miles were 2 @ marathon goal pace (7:41s) then 4 @ tempo (2 @ 7:18 & 2 @ 7:13) then 2 @ marathon goal pace (7:35 & 7:30). It felt pretty good, but my legs were WORKING. So were my lungs. I talked to God a few times to help me through it! I felt lightheaded, as if I were going to pass out, between miles 4 & 5, but the feeling passed. Otherwise it went great! :)

Today is a complete rest day. I really like those!
Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

jen said...

Wow, those are some great runs!! I'm glad you are back to feeling good, sometimes we just need a break! You are an amazing runner, but you are human!

I start my 12 week program for CIM on Monday- yay! I hope to meet up with you there, but in the meantime I'm looking forward to training "together." Keep up the good work!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a quality workout indoors!

So glad the week is turning out a bit more optimistic than earlier.

Recovery and rejuvenation is powerful.

Keep up the great work and living!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

C'mon, You know you wanna LAUGH--

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ahhh that is great:-)

Hi Hun, Looks like ur back to ur awesome workouts!! Way to go!!

Mir said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Without those low times, I don't think we could fully appreciate the good times, so I guess they have their uses. Now it sounds like you've rebounded and you're on your way back up. :) Keep rockin'!