Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, September 24, 2007

I Should Skip Days More Often

After Friday night's gluttonous activities, Saturday's little flu bug and yesterday's pure laziness I decided to do my long run of 14 miles combined with the marathon goal pace, 4 x 800s, tempo paced run today. Mind you, I did run easy miles on Thursday and Friday, so my only days off of running were Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I was supposed to run the MGP-800s-tempo run, but skipped it. Thus the combination of the two workouts today.

Here's how it worked out:
2 miles warm up @ about 8:54 pace
3 miles marathon goal pace @ 7:39, 7:43, 7:29
.43 mile recovery
4 x 1/2 mile intervals @ 3:06, 3:10, 3:11, 3:17 with .10 mile recoveries after each.
3 miles tempo pace @ 7:19, 7:25, 7:18
3.16 miles cool down @ about 9:00 pace

TOTAL: 14 Miles

It felt so good but definitely tough. It was a hard workout. I'm going to soak in the cold pool w/ some coffee and then hang with the family.
I stink! I need a nice shower.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are fast girl! Awesome workout.

gaj

Anonymous said...

GB, that was a butt-kicking workout girl. Very nice work. It's nice to see you posting occasionally on the Masters forum. Refresh my memory as to your next goal event please. I have my marathon PR shot (sub 3:22) coming up on 10/21.

Wishing you the best.

Mir said...

Whew, those are some awesome paces! You are so strong.

John Fenton said...

Great run, GB. I've said it before, but I wish you were close enough for me to run some of those fun workouts with you.

I'm going to see our Moonbeam (and her sister) on Sunday in Columbus. We'll have a drink in your honor over lunch.

John

SoberMommie said...

Great workout! I could never keep up with you.....

Ms Eva said...

I've been skipping key workouts, too. But I haven't combined them as you have - you are hardcore! Awesome paces! I really need to get my butt in gear. :)

Nancy said...

Glad you are feeling better. Combining workouts?? YOU ROCK. I keep saying it, but, "YOU ROCK"