First of all the good news: HE'S HOME! He actually got home Sunday afternoon, and then he had to go back to work at his regular station on Monday, and now he's home until next Monday. Poor guy is sicker than a dog though. I think running his body ragged and not sleeping well finally got to him. But he's so happy to be home and surrounded by all of us and we are happy he's here.
I told him about all the kind words and prayers everybody said for him while he was gone and he humbly said, "Thank you." But I don't think he likes being called a "hero" by anybody. He just says he's doing his job. I'm proud of him anyway!
Today I ran 12.5 miles on the gym treadmill, with 30 minutes total uphill time.
The first 11.35 miles were done at an avg. pace of 8:30/mile and the hill inclines for those miles were between 4.5 and 7.8 (30 x 1 minute hill repeats with a 1 min. recovery in between). I then ran 1.15 miles cool down. Felt pretty good, I was sweating like there was no tomorrow though. Literally dripping, eeeeeew.
Time to get ready for the kid's soccer practices. Have a great evening!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
That's what the true heroes always say! :) I'm so glad he's home safe.
I can't decide which I hate the most about the treadmill...the excessive sweating or the boredom. But hey, it does get the job done when it's needed. I'm so impressed that you went for 12.5 miles! Do you listen to music or anything on the treadmill to help pass the time?
Welcome home! :)
12+ miles on the treadmill?! I can't imagine... even 3 is tedious in my mind. And the sweat... ewwww.
So - What is CIM 'REALLY' like? Are the hills steep or long, gentle rises? Are the downhills a killer? What can I expect? Will the course help or hinder my pace?
He's definitely a hero. Thank him for us for being there.
Great run!!
So glad he's home! :)
Great run. I did a TM run recently and dripped sweat all over the lower platform thingy in front of the belt... ewww! I wiped it off though don't worry. There's just no air flow to evaporate the sweat like outdoors!
Your DH is so humble! Great run on the TM. I'm still getting used to the TM myself.
Glad your hubby is home safely. Enjoy the weekend with him!
Great job on the treadmill hills....I don't know how you do some many miles on that thing without getting bored to death!
that is one of the best things i've read all year. good you husband is home and safe!
Post a Comment