What a run today. I must feel stronger because I know my kids come back today after school and my husband is off today. :) He made my day when he told me he bragged about me to his Captain. Aaaawwwww.
I warmed up w/ 2 miles at 18:16. Then I ran 6 miles at an "easy" pace averaging 8:30 per mile. Then a 2 minute potty break, then I ran 6 miles at half marathon goal pace + 20-30 seconds. This averaged out to 7:35 per mile (20 seconds slower than half marathon goal pace). I then cooled down with 2 miles at 18:59. I combined my Long Run w/ Ryan Hall's "Race Simulator" work out. I loved it!
Overall I ran 16 miles at an average pace of 8:15 per mile. Not too shabby. It was a confidence builder after the sub par 10K on Saturday. I feel ready for the half marathon on October 14. God willing, I'll nail it. I'll just work with what the Good Lord gave me and whatever happens happens.
Time to soak in the cold pool before I pick up the kids. Baby is napping and hubby is hanging out. Yaaay!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
I wouldn't worry too much about that 10K--that was still a strong, speedy race under those conditions and you are obviously in excellent shape for this half marathon. I can't wait to read about it!
I love it when they brag about us! :)
As usual, a great run Glorybelle. I need to pull a rabbit out of my hat or you'll wax my butt in our quest for a 3:20.
Regarding Geetah's workout, it intrigues me as well. It's nothing more than a new twist, but it's still a new challenge and a valid one. In case you missed it, I successfully did a Yasso 800 workout, right by Bart's instructions. My 10 800's ranged from 3:14-3:19. If I already told you this, please forgive me. Stay in touch, and hug that wonderful hubby for me. You two share a love like Sugar and I do and there's nothing like it.
Post a Comment