Whew, I'm so glad that's done. Well quick recap of the morning. Woke up to set up for a fundraising yard sale at 6 a.m. By 6:15 a.m. I had a "pro" customer wanting to bargain on everything. By 7 a.m. at least 15 people had come by and several bought things. By noon we had just about met our monetary goal for the fundraiser. We have another day of sales tomorrow and then that's it.
After everyone left and things were put away, I put the baby down for his nap and did the Triple Play workout:
Prescribed -- 3 miles @ marathon goal pace (7:38's/mile), 6 x 1/2 mile cruise intervals (3:26-3:31/half mile) with a 2 minute recovery jog after each, 3 miles @ tempo pace (7:04-7:22/mile).
Results:
First 3 miles at avg. pace of 7:28 (too fast - did not want that)
6 x 800s: 3:17, 3:20, 3:22, 3:17, 3:15, 3:17 (even with the recovery jogs, too fast)
Last 3 miles at avg. pace of 7:16 (just right).
I warmed up with a jog for 1.35 miles and cooled down with 1.59.
TOTAL MILES: 13.08
It's 4:10 now and gotta get cleaned up for the rest of the evening, not that we'll be doing much.
It was another mentally and physically challenging workout coupled with a lot of faith in God. I'm spent. But feeling ready to tackle the Half Marathon in 1:35. God willing!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


1 comment:
Oh GB, I had a rough 5k race today. It was hot and awful and I was thinking how far I have to go. For some reason, you kept coming to mind and I was trying to channel some GB Rocket Power. :)
I am dying to get the chip time to see the damage but I think I might have run the fastest mile I have ever done. Needless to say, I died after that :D
You inspire...
Post a Comment