Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

FIVE days to the CIM

I'm eating everything in sight and never feeling full, but my waistbands sure are getting tighter. Yikes. I'm also feeling more sore than usual after my runs. In fact today I am resting when I should be putting in 5 miles.

I took a rest day on Sunday (after running 6 days in row). I think the Turkey Trot on Thursday actually hit me on Saturday night. Sunday morning came around and I said, "No running today."

Yesterday I ran 7.3 miles, including 2 miles at tempo (6:55/mile), then a 1:45 recovery jog, followed by 2 x 800s w/ a 1:00 recovery jog after each (3:15 and 3:14), followed by 2 x 400s w/ a :45 recovery jog (1:31 and 1:31). I then stood in our pool for 10 minutes, which was 51-degrees. Brrrrr.

I was SO sore lastnight, hamstrings, inner thighs, glutes. I rolled on the foam roller for a while and stretched a lot. I feel better today, but I need a massage! I think I'll schedule one for tomorrow after I run 5 miles easy.

Time to eat lunch!

9 comments:

cindy and christy said...

You are going to do awesome next weekend! I wish you a great race & kind weather. You never know with CIM! Here's to another PR!

Congrats on your 5k victory too - you are getting really fast!

DawnB said...

5 days to go!, go for that massage you deserve it!!

Ms Eva said...

5 Days!! I can't wait. :D

seagull junker said...

have fun. will be looking forward to hearing how you sub 3:30 went!!!

Marathon Maritza said...

In case I forget, I want to wish you good luck at CIM! I thought it was a pretty cool course and the weather should be great for ya!! Have fun!!

Nancy said...

Wow, it's so close. Good luck. You are going to be great!

John Fenton said...

Break a leg, GB! I'll be waiting for your results with bated breath! Kick some butt out there.

See you in Boston!

Sarah said...

Uugg...I wrote a long comment and for some reason it didn't post :(

Anyway, I wanted to wish you the best as CIM! Your training has been amazing and you are going to rock it! Trust your training and your taper. Forget about the aches and pains of taper hypocondria....they're in your head! Don't sweat about all the eating...your body needs the fuel (yes, icecream counts as fuel)! You are about to ask a lot from your body so give it what it wants now :)

Unknown said...

Hello GB,

Just stopping in here and wanted to wish you all the best from Korea in your marathon this weekend! Been watching your training and it has been going so well. Let the race come to you and stay relaxed! You're going to do great! Looking forward to hearing about it afterwards!

Gregory (Pudov)