Hey all. I wasn't as sore this morning, but really had to seek motivation to get out there and run the workout. My sweetie pie is taking his Fire Captain's examination all day today so if I wanted to get the workout in, it would have to be with my 2 year old in the jogger. I perused the Runner's World Forums for inspiration, laced up and we headed out.
It was great to see a couple of the MOMS Club Mommies doing their workout at the same park where I was running. They motivated me to run my best! :)
Ran 1.5 miles warm up and then got into the 4 x 1 mile cruise intervals followed by 2 x half mile speed intervals. I recovered for 2:10-2:30 minutes between the mile intervals (as prescribed by my training plan) and recovered for 1:30 between the 2 half mile repeats, as prescribed.
RESULTS: 6:59, 6:58, 6:56, 6:58 and then 3:13 (about a 6:28 pace), 3:14 (also a 6:28 pace).
I will say, "DAMN THAT WAS TOUGH WITH THE STROLLER!" There were a couple times through the intervals that I thought my oatmeal was going to resurface. Needless to say I thanked God plentiful after each interval and asked for his company as I ran.
It's all good! I'm very happy to have run it with the kiddo. He was a champ as always. Had his Cheezit crackers and milk and a few toys, we were good to go.
Have a great day!!!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


10 comments:
you're amazing!!
CONSISTANT!!!
wowzzer! that is increadible. that will definetly help you bust out a fantastic time at CIM!
oh, i wore out the back tires on our baby stroller down to the cords before buying another set. too bad i didn't keep track on how many miles that was.
http://therunningman58.blogspot.com/ is my only blog now Lillie!!
You are a true inspiration!! Keep up the great work, and enjoy that taper...you ARE tapering right? lol
INteresting article this month in RW on shorter tapers...one of these days I'm going to train for another marathon and try for a respectable time!
Oddly enough I realize that last week I ran the mile repeats faster and this week I ran the 800s faster. Weird. Must be because last week I did not have the baby with me, ran the mile intervals too fast and bonked for the 800s.
Anyway, at least the workout is DONE!
Wow, 4 sub-7 mile intervals and 2 sub 3:15 800s with the baby jogger. I am in awe! :)
I don't know how you do it with the jogger - I can never hit my goal pace behind the kiddos. I am so envious (in a good way - you inspire me to keep striving)!
Wow....I'm amazing by those that can run with those strollers. I always felt so akward! Great job!
You rock!
Great job on the intervals! I can't believe you ran so fast WITH the stroller! Maybe you should bring him along at CIM, hehe. I am getting so excited for the marathon, are you? Hopefully we can meet up but I know that can be difficult at these big events. Take care!
You did sub-7s with a BABY JOGGER??????
*bows down to your greatness*
Post a Comment