Yes it's that time of training when all the phantom aches and pains pop up. Tapering can be rough on the psyche. I'm sure these things I'm feeling are nothing and I have probably felt them all along, but for some reason now they are pronounced. I have also been experiencing the sniffles, off and on for the past few days. Will it become a full blown cold, or not? I hope NOT. I've been laying low to avoid pushing things the wrong way.
Yesterday I was able to run the 4 x 400s on my schedule. They were 1:23, 1:31, 1:31, 1:32. Today I ran 3 miles very, very easy (almost a 10 minute pace). Afterward I had a nice massage and my body feels much less crooked and tight from all the training. Tonight I will stretch and hopefully sleep well, and then tomorrow we are off to Sacramento for the expo.
I'm going to do laundry, eat lots of carbs (trying for 500g each day until Sunday) and drink a huge amount of water (80 oz. per day til Sunday). I hope I don't heave.
Thanks to EVERYBODY who has stopped by my blog and left me well wishes for this weekend. You are all very kind and encouraging and I appreciate your words very much!
I will apply my training, and the rest is indeed up to God! :)
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


9 comments:
Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes...You are awesome!
Yup, you've done the work, go have a blast and rock that marathon.
Good luck!
Have a great race GB you are going to kick butt!!
Glorybelle .... relax girl. You are on top of your game. I don't reply often as I know you're busy but I study your training posts with great intensity. As long as you start and run within your limits, you'll have a fantastic day. I'm so pumped, you'd think it was me running.
Best of luck and Sugar and I will be anxiously awaiting the results. Remember, any news is good news as in reality, there's no such thing as a "bad" marathon.
Be a star in your own movie.
Ray & Sugar
GOOD LUCK!!!
Good luck and I will be thinking about you!! Pace yourself!
Have a great Race GB...You ARE READY!!!
Glorybelle, I can't thank you enough for the call. It meant so much to hear from you and hear the stunning results. In my heart, I expected excellence from you and you delivered. Congratulations!!
Ray
Don't know you yet - but hooked on your blog already - I LOVE JESUS AND RUNNING TOO!!
Good luck this (or this just now past weekend!) Can't wait to hear how you did!
What state are you in and what race did you just run?
Post a Comment