Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

More Recovery

Hi there. I ran yesterday, okay, jogged. :) I took the dog for a 20 minute run. Covered 2 miles. My IT band felt a little sore up higher in the hip/glute area, my right piriformis was feeling sore, and my groin muscles were sore. Wow. That marathon really did put a good hurt on my bod. Just minor aches that indicated I NEED to recover properly and EASE back into the running. I will do another 20 minutes easy tomorrow, take Saturday off and then run 30 minutes easy on Sunday. From there, the mileage increases slowly but there is still no speed workouts for at least another week. I'm fine with that!

4 comments:

Ms Eva said...

Good thing to take it easy and listen to your body. Aren't you eager for the photographers to post their pictures?! : )

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Take ur time GB ...u ran one fast ass race!

Recover well :-)

seagull junker said...

you beat the heck out of your body, yes recover. what is next???

GB said...

Hey Tom! I've got a 10 mile race on Jan. 13 and if I run it in under 70 minutes, I win a special t-shirt that says Sub-70 Finisher. I want that T-shirt!

I have another 10 mile race on Jan. 26, then a 10K on Feb. 9. I'll probably do a half marathon on March 16 and then Boston on April 21. My new marathon goal is 3:15.