Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rainy Day (Lazy Day)

Went into work to take care of some stuff this morning and now that I'm back home, I don't feel like running. Of course the fact that it's raining outside has something to do with my lack of motivation too. I wish I felt more drive to get out there, but since I'm still not technically in "training," I don't mind taking it easy until then. I know I will push myself as much as possible during the training cycle though.

I ran an easy 5.4 miles yesterday at about an 8:23 pace. Felt pretty good, but still have lingering soreness in my piriformis area and behind the knee (outer portion). Not terrible piriformis issues like before, just a hint of it.

Tomorrow I've committed to Ali to run at 5 a.m., rain or shine. Hee hee, I hope I get out there!

It helps to know that elite runners like Nate Pennington took 2 full weeks off after the CIM and that he felt some soreness on his first day running yesterday. I'm not the only one! (Granted I'm no elite, but at least I know there are others feeling my "pain").

Time to pick up the kids from school. Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Ms Eva said...

It's raining here too and snow is on the ground. I was in the mood to run yesterday but the kiddos were not... thus I was forced to stay home. We did do a lot of schooling though, so it was a good day.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

It is interesting when the superstars have some of the same aches and pains we do. Guess we all use the same muscles--only some of the elites use them much faster than the rest of us.

Stay healthy with your piriformis.