Hey there! The last week of recovery is going well. Next week I'll ramp up the miles, but no speedwork until the week after.
Anyway some of you have asked what training plan I use. It's Runner's World online's Your Ultimate Marathon Training Plan. There is a beginner, intermediate and advanced plan and I use the advanced one. I've studied the popular plans out there and I like this one because it's like a combination of all the others. If you follow it pretty precisely, you'll get your mid-week medium long runs in, lots of speedwork, hill work and your regular long runs. There are 2 days complete rest and a couple easy running days as well.
If you're looking for higher mileage, this plan only peaks out at 57-60 mpw. For me, that works. I've toyed with the idea of tweaking things a bit to get up to 70 mpw during the peak phase, but I don't know if my other obligations would allow that. I'll see how it goes.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


2 comments:
Great job on your recovery and good luck on your training! I am going to read into that plan, I think I want something different this time around. Thanks!
You're smart to take your time after CIM. Don't feel rushed to jump back in. I started an 18-week program yesterday, but I haven't been in heavy training since early October. So I'll benefit from a full four months. You could get by with a 12-14 week plan if you needed to.
I'm going to stick with a 70 mpw peak, but I plan to stay closer to the peak for longer, averaging close to 65 mpw for the 12 core weeks of the program. So I should set monthly mileage PRs, even if I don't set any weekly PRs.
John
Post a Comment