I ran today, against my better judgement. I pushed the bambino in the stroller and we did 9.25 together. Sandwiched in the middle were supposed to be 2 miles at goal pace (prescribed at 7:26'ish), 2 at tempo (prescribed between 7:00-7:14) and 2 at goal pace. I hit the paces for the first 4 miles, but immediately after the tempo miles I started hacking fiercely and clearing out all kinds of phlegm. Nice. And it hurt to cough, too. So the last 2 miles were 7:43 and 7:39, about 15 seconds slower than where I was supposed to be. I was sucking wind.
I will say that today's run just plain HURT all over. In my chest, in my glutes and hammies, in my back. Just not my strongest run. I am crossing my fingers that this chest congestion is on its way out. I finished my last antibiotic today and I don't want to take anymore meds!
After getting the baby down for his nap, I stood in the 40-degree pool for 10 minutes, then moved around for 10, then back in the cold for 10. I will stretch a lot tonight, and roll on the foam roller. I've been doing my CrossFit warm up exercises faithfully, but not any of the hard workouts yet. I'm just afraid of making this piriformis/hamstring issue worse.
On a GOOD NOTE: I have lost 5 pounds since I started watching my portions and calorie counting (on January 1). The first 3 days were the roughest and I felt starving all the time, but now my body has adjusted and I'm not super hungry all that often. I am still eating the foods I love, and even drinking wine, but just in much smaller amounts than before. I went from taking in about 2600 cals/day to roughly 1900 cals/day. I'm happy with the results. My goal is 120-124 lbs.
Okay, time to go get warm. Thanks for listening to my whining!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Hey GB!
Hopefully you left most of your nasty cold on the road :)
Way to hang in there in your run too.
Cutting calories is tough, our body and mind gets used to "needing" that many and changing it is always hard in the beginning.
Keep up the good work!
CC
Even when sick and hacking fiercely, you still kick my butt! :D
Hope you're feeling better soon.
You are the fastest sick girl I have ever seen! Wow. I
With the scriptures on your sidebar, I'm guessing you know it is OK (maybe even good sometimes) to whine (lament!)
Your running feet and your heart will find another Psalm: "You have turned my weeping into dancing" !
Post a Comment