Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

First Week of January

It's been a fun week and I'm a little sad that the kids are going back to school next week. At least we ended on a high note, celebrating my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. They renewed their vows in front of family and friends and threw a nice party afterward.

Quick log on running:
Thursday 1/3: 9.1 miles with marathon goal pace and tempo mixed in. 2 @ 7:30/avg, 2 @ 7:04 avg, 2 @ 7:28 avg.

Friday 1/4: 9 miles on the TM at gym, 8:35/avg pace

Saturday 1/5: rest

Today 1/6 (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD): 11 @ 7:59/mile avg.
Ran the first 5 at an avg 8:12 pace and the last 6 at avg 7:48 pace. Felt good, but my right piriformis acted up a little.

Going to rest tomorrow and start "official" training on Tuesday.

2 comments:

cindy and christy said...

That's awesome about your parents! Our parents just celebrated their 50th in July too! How the heck to you run 9 miles on the treadmill? got to hand it to you - I get so bored on mine. I need to get a tv down there to watch while I run or something.

Perry H. said...

Looks like you are quickly returning to form SL!! What an accomplishment for your folks! Keep those reports coming, and ramp up safely!