Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ugh.

I do not like being sick.
First day of marathon training... down the drain.
I'm fighting off the flu or something. My body feels like crap and I feel light headed. My throat is sore and scratchy.

Waaaaaah, waaaaaaah, waaaaaaaah.
I wannnnnna runnnnnn. :(

Oh well, I have to think of the big picture and stay as healthy as possible rather than push through it and risk getting worse. I'm hoping to be back to my old self in a day or two.

I'm supposed to race this Sunday, my first 10 miler. We'll see how that goes.

6 comments:

Perry H. said...

Aww, SL, I am SO sorry to hear this!! I know you were pumped up to start training again.....keep hydrated, Theraflu makes some stuff they sell in a plastic spoon that you can dissolve in coffee and it's palatable, worked great for me in fighting off flu-like symptoms. Hope you are better soon!!

Shari Baby said...

Hey girl...sorry to hear your sick. I'm fighting something as well. Boston training ? I 'm thinking about it also! Hey send me a email with your email....I found a link to something that reminded me of you and I want to send it to you. It's YOU all the way...are you attending the "Spirit of the Marathon" movie ? It's a one day only showing at select theatres on January 24th. I'm going with my race partner and wish you lived closer so you could go with us!! Check it out...gather your running friends and go....:)

keith said...

Sometimes ya just gotta take the knee. You'll be stronger after you rest up.

What are you training for?

Ms Eva said...

I'm sorry you're under the weather. Just when you were getting started again... that stinks!

Here - I'm battling mother nature! :(

Ms Eva said...

Best of luck to you this weekend in your first 10 miler... the distance will be easy for you... kick the bug and you'll kick butt! :D

cindy and christy said...

Sounds like the nasty cold we all caught over Christmas. It took about 2 weeks to kick, but I was able to train through it with easy runs.
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take it easy on yourself. Enjoy the downtime.