Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Computer Problems, UGH

My computer is in the shop getting checked out for a trillion viruses, so I'm borrowing my husband's laptop to post on the blog. Personally I think we need to bite the bullet and buy a Mac already. Sheesh.

Anyway had a great run this morning. I met Cheryl at 7 a.m. for an 8 miler and then met the running club at 8 for 6 miles, total of 14 with a fast finish. Well, the first 13 miles were at an average pace of 7:45 with the last 2 miles at 6:55 and 6:51, and the 14th mile was nice and slow. :)

Feeling good, hungry, but good. Broke down and had a scone today. First one in over a month. Weight is still good and coming down. I'm 7 lbs. away from goal weight. I think I can do this.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the Superbowl tomorrow. Go GIANTS. hee hee.

9 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

Yea I used to hate running on a treadmill, then I moved back to Illinois and was forced to. It can be mind numbing, but so can the thought of skipping a run because it is too cold. Nice blog and good luck with Boston!

Nuke Runner said...

Nice run; awesome sub-7s at the end! I hope you're past the hip issues.

DawnB said...

You did good GB you deserve that scone.

Sunshine said...

Good job. Nice to run outdoors!
And some good miles there.

cindy and christy said...

What running team are you on now? We are skirting a lot of teams in California. Is it Fleet Feet? That's so cool! What color is your team uni?

I wanted to breakdown and get the scone today after the half marathon, but we decided we deserved ice cream instead. (I've been doing the no gluten thing to lose my post baby weight).

good luck with your computer - get out there and run already....to the apple store!

Sunshine said...

Just 7 pounds from goal!! You go!
Congratulations.

Ms Eva said...

Macs are awesome!

Your Giants pulled through!

John Fenton said...

Nice running, GB. I hope the hip keeps feeling better. I survived my first race intact, so I think I'm past mine for a while.

John

Preston said...

I agree, get the Mac!