It's going to be 70 degrees today and it would be a real shame to not get out and run in this weather. The toddler and I will be heading out shortly for an easy 60 minutes. I took yesterday off and was sore all day!
Sunday I ran 12 miles at an easy average pace of 8:42/mile. I felt great even after racing the day before. But the delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMs) hit me yesterday. It's better today, but we're still taking it slow. Tomorrow I will do 8-10 miles with 8 minutes total uphill time. If it's nice, I will probably do those uphill charges at the basin.
I hope everyone is running well and healthy!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


6 comments:
Enjoy that great weather GB!
gaj
I am soo jealous of your weather; I had 7 in 12 degrees and 8 wind chill, and 10 mph winds this morning.
Sounds like you had a great day.
CC
SL,
Thanks for the word of encouragement on the tri. I too was worried about the swim, but I did two sprints last year, and this message is proof I didn't drown. I couldn't swim 200 yards without having to stop, but a few times in the pool and I was on my way. You have the cardio base, it's just a matter of technique now. And, nice 5k, good job.
Another vote of jealousy over your weather.....we are having a delightful mix of snow followed by ice followed by rain! At least it warmed up here some...today is 34 degrees as opposed to the teens and 20's we had Monday and Tuesday. I want to live in CA!!
NICE RACING. Not sure if I'm more jealous of the splits or your weather, but I'm thinking it's the splits. The weather here will eventually change, but I will still be slow :D I wish I could have your legs for one day.
Glad the hub was there to support you and take those awesome pics. You are amazing!
Enjoy that weather for the both us, GB--it's been snowing and/or sleeting constantly here for the past two days. If I wanted to go out, I'd need ice skates. :) I'm so glad I have a gym membership this year. I hope you had a wonderful run!
Post a Comment