Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

More Rehab for my BUTT

Yesterday's training run did not go as planned. I felt a little soreness in the hamstring insertion areas (where you sit down), but pressed on. I was able to get the 4 x 800s done at recommended training paces (3:10s- 3:14s). The last 800 was a little odd. I was very stiff at first and had an altered stride for the first quarter mile and then fell into the groove.

As soon as I started the 4 x 400s I immediately was forced to stop... by my right butt and hamstring. It felt like hard pulling in the area and I just could not move my leg forward. I almost tripped as I hobbled to a stop. I tried to jog slowly but ended up walking for a while. Unfortunately I was 2-1/2 miles from home, so I walked/jogged/limped home.

I've been sitting on ice and tennis balls and rolling on the roller. However I will say it's constantly throbbing. It REALLY is time to buckle down and take care of it. No more being stupid and stubborn and pushing beyond what my poor body can handle. Such is life! But all will be better soon. I really have nothing to be negative about. Just don't give me the flu again... please! ;)

Take care and stay healthy.

6 comments:

jen said...

Bummer about your rear end GB! Take it easy- you are in fantastic shape and there's tons of time till Boston, so just focus on getting healthy. Do you see a sports doctor? Might be a good idea if you haven't already. Feel better babe!

Nat said...

Hey
I've been having pain in the same area after speed workouts so I asked a running guru friend and he suggested an imbalance between the quads and hamstrings and also tight quads can cause hamstring issues. I only mention it to you because it never occured to me that that could be the cause but it does make sense--especailly with my cycling loading up the quads. At any rate I hit the weights this week for legs and have been stretching the quads a little more.

Perry H. said...

GB, seems we have very similar things going on!! Thanks for the kind words as always! I'm feeling better, and glad the bug forced me to get extra rest. Only 9 days to marathon, so I'm sure I'll be fine by then. Prob won't make that sub 4 hour, but that's Ok. Plan B is the Flying Pig in May...can't pass up that FE!

Mir said...

You have such an awesome attitute--I think I would have been in tears. Hopefully some R&R will help!

Nancy said...

Rest that hammie. Hope you feel better soon!

Preston said...

Ouch, hope you feel better.