Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Rest Day

Rest day today after running 56.1 miles last week. I need it. I've got 61 on this week's schedule.

Makita, TWW & Pace Runner, thanks for including us in your prayers. I really appreciate that. The kids will be spending all week with their dad next week and then he leaves the week after. Off to Iraq he goes. Their step mom is afraid that the kids won't want to go over there while their dad is away because they might not see a reason to, since I'm their mom. But they need to spend time there like they normally do because they have a little brother and two sisters there, and their step mom loves them. Gosh it's going to be crazy for a while. But I'm ready. I'll do anything for my children.

Anyway on a lighter note, I've lost 8.8 pounds since Jan. 1. I seriously feel great! I look lighter, I feel lighter and my training is going well. I think I can get to 120 by Boston, and stay strong despite marathon training AND weight loss.

Had a great long run yesterday of 16 miles on the treadmill. I ran 5 easy then 2 at tempo, then 1 recovery, then did it all over again. My overall average pace for the 16 was 7:50/mile. The 2 x 2 mile tempo portions averaged 6:57 and 6:51. It was tough, but it broke up the treadmill monotony. Tomorrow we start two speed sessions per week. It's gonna be great!

5 comments:

jen said...

Hi GB! Great job on your running lately. Just getting caught up here. I will also be praying for your kiddo's dad and the whole family- you guys will get through this!

I'm way behind you in training of course but I am also starting to feel excited for Boston! I've also been working on my diet and have also lost about 8-10 lbs- whoo hoo! Go us. :) Keep up the good work!

Sunshine said...

Congratulations on the recent weight loss!

Nancy said...

8 pounds while training is tough. I never seem to be able to make the two work together for me.

I'll be saying some prayers. They sound like strong kids that have been brought up by great parents. It's really a tribute to you that they have done so well. I'm sure that will continue. Be strong for them.

Mir said...

Your kids' dad will be in my thoughts as well, GB. Things will turn out all right in time. Hang in there...in the meantime, your running is going so well! so congrats on that as well as the weight loss. You will be a lean mean running machine at Boston. :)

kelly said...

My prayers are with your ex... I pray that God keeps him safe. Great job on your weight loss. How did you do it? I have been meat free for about a week. After all the stuff in the news, I decided to take a break from eating anything that has eyes!! Keep up your great training!