Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

EASTER Weekend

Happy Easter tomorrow, everybody! I'm starting the day with a 6 mile run at 5 a.m., then hubby is off to work while I get ready for the day. After church, the kids and I are spending it at my brother's house and we're looking forward to it!

I wanted to make sure I blogged my last few runs. Thursday was a GREAT workout. 15 miles, 10 of which were solid speed. It was the triple play, 3 miles at goal pace (averaged 7:09/mile) followed by a 2-3 minute recovery, then 8 x 800s all between 3:04 and 3:11 with only 1 minute recovery between each. After the 800s I took a 2 minute recovery and then went into 3 miles at tempo pace (6:51/mile average). It was tough but felt great, especially after a few days of slower miles to recover from the race.

Friday the kids and I did an recovery 6 miles together (they rode their bikes and I pushed the toddler in the jogger). It was nice, but very windy. At the end I felt wiped out.

Today I ran 21 miles. My hubby and toddler rode along side me for 13-14 miles and then he had to get the little guy home for lunch and his nap. I ran the last 9 miles at a 7:32/mile average pace. Miles 18 and 20 were run at a 7:15. Overall the pace was 8:15/mile. I was seriously fatigued during this run. I am so, so, so glad it's over.

After tomorrow's recovery run I will be at 68 for the week, a new mileage PR for me. Next week it's 70, God willing, and then it's taper time! I can't believe it!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend everybody. God bless!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lillie, would you like to move to the Dallas area and be my personal life coach? :)

John Fenton said...

That's right, GB. I do a "Silly Lillie" workout on Wednesday night, 15 miles with 9 miles of speed and then you have to go and top it on Thursday with 10 miles of speed! ;)

Nice mileage and long run too. Good luck with the 70 this week. I have a race--two actually--next Sunday, so this past week was my peak at 74. I'll drop to 60 this week.

I hope you had a great Easter. See you in 4 weeks!

John

Anonymous said...

Hey GB,
Just droppin' by t greet you and your family Happy Resurrection Day!!!

Mir said...

Whew-ee, those are some awesome miles you're getting in. I hope you had a nice rest of the weekend!

jen said...

Goodness, that is such an insane workout.. you are amazing!! Great job on the long run too, and happy belated Easter. :) Boston is coming soon!!

Nancy said...

You are a mileage machine!! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! on the PR.

gaj